RILEY REGISTER SPARES LIMITED (RRSL)
CONDITIONS OF SALE
By accepting delivery of goods supplied by Riley Register Spares Limited you, the buyer, implicitly agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions of sale which appear on the RRSL website and are printed on the back of RRSL invoices and accompany RRSL invoices. Orders from buyers living outside the United Kingdom will be accepted only via the RRSL website and the buyer must explicitly agree to accept these conditions of sale before the order can be processed.
1. An order for goods placed by you, the buyer shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
2. All other terms and conditions, express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer.
4. All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by you, the buyer, to purchase goods pursuant to these terms and conditions
5. You, the buyer, shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the details provided on your order and RRSL will not be obliged to accept an order unless all necessary details have been provided.
6. In the case of goods ordered by telephone, mail order or online you, the buyer, shall have the right to cancel the order up to 14 working days from the day after receipt of the goods.
7. The price of the goods will be the price ruling at the date the order is received and excludes packaging and delivery costs, VAT will be charged at the appropriate rate.
8. RRSL reserves the right, by giving notice to you, the buyer, at any time before delivery to increase the price of the goods to reflect any increase in the cost to it, which is due to any factor beyond its control (such as without limitation, any foreign exchange fluctuation, significant increase in the costs of labour, materials or other costs of manufacture)
9. In the unlikely event of there being such an increase in the price of the goods you, the buyer, shall be entitled to cancel the order at any time before delivery.
10. Payment must be made prior to goods being dispatched.
11. Payment if by cheque must accompany the order, or if credit card or debit card account details are given to RRSL the total price of the order will be charged to that credit or debit card account.
12.Title to the goods will pass to you, the buyer, on payment in full of the price of the goods.
13. The goods will be delivered to you, the buyer, at the address provided by you on your order.
14. The risk in the goods shall pass to you upon such delivery taking place.
15. Any dates quoted for delivery of the goods are approximate only and RRSL shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the goods however caused. If however RRSL are unable to deliver your goods by the date quoted for delivery you, the buyer shall be entitled to cancel the order at any time before delivery takes place.
16. RRSL shall not be liable to you, the buyer, for short delivery of the goods however caused, but will provide you with the outstanding goods as soon as is reasonably practical. If however RRSL have not delivered the outstanding goods within seven days from the first date of delivery you, the buyer, shall be entitled to cancel the order for the outstanding goods.
Return of goods
17. You, the buyer, will inspect the goods as soon after delivery as is reasonably practicable and will notify RRSL of any shortages, defects in the goods or any other complaint in respect of them within 10 working days from the invoice date.
Save in respect of any shortages or defects if you, the buyer, fail to comply with this clause RRSL will not be held legally liable in respect of any other complaint which should have been brought to its attention within this period.
18. Except in the case of defective goods you, the buyer, shall bear the cost and the risk of returning unwanted goods to RRSL. It is recommended that returned goods should be insured against damage in carriage.
19. Goods must be returned in good condition as sold. RRSL will not accept the return of goods which show any signs of fitting, use, damage or modification.
20. Goods should be securely packed and if supplied in the supplier’s/ manufacturer’s packaging must be returned in this undamaged packing.
21. Unwanted goods must be returned within 90 days of purchase. The invoiced cost of the goods (but not packing and carriage) will be refunded in full, subject to a 10% restocking charge.
22. Goods returned after 90 days will be accepted at the discretion of RRSL and may be subject to an appropriate surcharge on the standard restocking charge.
Limitation of liability
23. RRSL will use all reasonable endeavours to carry out its obligations within a reasonable period of time but will not be liable to you, the buyer for any loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any delays in doing so. RRSL will not be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of its obligations in relation to this Agreement, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond its reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following will be regarded as causes beyond its reasonable control:
23.1 Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident
23.2 War or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance or requisition
23.3 Acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority
23.4 Import or export regulations or embargoes
23.5 Strikes, lock outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes
23.6 Difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery
23.7 Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
If RRSL are prevented from carrying out its obligations in the above circumstances, it will notify you in writing. If RRSL are still prevented from carrying out its obligations three weeks from the date such notice was sent, then either party may give written notice to the other cancelling the Agreement. If the Agreement is cancelled in this way RRSL accepts no liability to compensate you for any loss or damage caused by failure to perform.
24. Buyers should note that all parts sold by RRSL are intended for normal road use only. RRSL shall not be liable for wear or failure of a part used off-road or for any competition purposes.
25. RRSL sells goods only to current members of the Riley Register for the purchaser’s personal use. RRSL will not accept liability in any circumstances to a third party who did not purchase the goods directly from RRSL.
26. Except where you, the buyer are dealing as consumer (as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015) RRSL does not give any warranty, guarantee or indemnity as to quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise of the goods.
27. RRSL will not be liable for any consequential loss except as set out in the Consumer Rights Act 2015
28. RRSL may from time to time change, alter, adapt, add or remove portions of these terms and conditions.
29. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of this Agreement and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
30. English law will apply to this Agreement, irrespective of the territory in which the buyer resides or to which the goods are delivered and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
31. All parts should be fitted by or under the supervision of a person experienced in maintaining and repairing Riley cars manufactured before 1939 and in accordance with the manufacturer’s hand books and, where applicable, the fitting instuctions provided by RRSL. All parts should be confirmed by the purchaser to be the appropriate replacement part for their vehicle and fitted without modification (with the exception of necessary and approved activities such as reaming king pin bushes).
32. The headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
Company Registration No. 2134251
Registered Office: Nettledown, Church Street, Meysey Hampton, Cirencester GL7 5JX
Registered in England